*NO WAKE ZONES IN EFFECT IMMEDIATELY**
The Assumption Parish Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Preparedness has put into place the "NO WAKE ZONES” ordinance due to high water throughout the Lake Verret area. Below are the areas that have been designated in the Emergency Order. This order shall remain in effect temporarily until water levels recede to a safe level to protect infrastructure throughout the Lake Verret area.
A. No person shall operate a motorboat, motor vessel, or recreational watercraft on waterways of Assumption Parish in excess of the posted "IDLE - NO WAKE ZONE” at that location when appropriate and official Police Jury signs giving notice thereof are erected, and they shall be effective at such specific times as may be determined by the Police Jury. Any location where a sign has been erected reading "IDLE-NO WAKE” or "NO WAKE ZONE” or language with the same or similar meaning the maximum speed shall be an "IDLE-NO WAKE SPEED.” The "NO WAKE ZONES,” in addition to other areas that may be posted, are as follows:
1. Bayou Corne – On both sides of the bridge to the end of the camps.
2. Pierre Part Bay – Within 500 ft. of the center of the Pierre Part Bay Bridge in either direction. No wake zone will be in effect beyond the 500 ft. when the water level reaches 3.5 above mean sea level. In addition, no recreational towing (skiing, hydrosliding, inner tubing, etc.) allowed in the Bay at all times.
3. Bayou Drive Elevation Bridge – No wake at all times from the bridge to the Bay. No wake within 500 ft. of the center of the bridge North East to the Bayou.
4. Belle River – Within 1000 ft. of the center of the Belle River (La. Hwy 70) Bridge in each direction at all times. Unrestricted access beyond the 1000 ft.
5. Lake Verret - in the vicinity of camps.
6. Bayou Gannevail - in the vicinity of camps.
7. Bayou Crab - for a distance (1/4) one-fourth mile from the bridge towards Lake Verret.
8. Bayou Tranquille – the entire distance of the bayou from the beginning to end.
9. Lake Verret Park Estates Canal – the entire distance of the canal from beginning to end.
10. T- Bayou.
11. Pierre Part Bay along East Drive – the entire length of East Drive.
12. Grand Bayou – 1,000 feet from each side of the bridge.