ARMED ROBBERY – CANE ROW CASINO
JONATHAN LOPEZ, ROLLER AVILA, 17-YEAR-OLD JUVENILE, 16-YEAR-OLD JUVENILE, NORMAN D. ESCALATTE-GUDIEL
NAPOLEONVILLE – Assumption Parish Sheriff Leland Falcon reports the arrests of 5 individuals in connection with the armed robbery of a video-poker venue in Assumption Parish in the early morning hours of September 29, 2022.
Those arrested are as follows:
– Jonathan Lopez, age 19, of 1157 Orange Blossom Lane, Apartment B, Harvey, LA
*Armed Robbery with a Firearm
Jonathan Lopez remains incarcerated in the Assumption Parish Detention Center pending bond proceedings.
– Roller Avila, age 19, of 35488 Preston Lane, Donaldsonville, LA
*Armed Robbery with a Firearm
Roller Avila remains incarcerated in the Assumption Parish Detention Center pending bond proceedings.
– 17-year-old juvenile from Gretna, LA charged with Armed Robbery with a Firearm. Charged by verified complaint. Ordered to be held in continued custody by the court.
– 16-year-old juvenile from Marrero, LA charged with Accessory after the Fact to Armed Robbery with a Firearm. Charged by verified complaint, released to the custody of a guardian.
– Norman D. Escalate- Gudiel, age 18, of 549 Dunbar Place, Terrytown, LA, charged with Armed Robbery with a Firearm. Escalate is currently being held in the Jefferson Parish Correctional Complex on charges filed by Jefferson Parish related to this investigation. Norman D. Escalate-Gudiel will be transferred to Assumption Parish once the Jefferson Parish charges are satisfied.
All five suspect were arrested on October 11, 2022.
This investigation culminates a 24/7 effort by the Assumption Parish Sheriff’s Office since the robbery occurred on September 29, 2022.
Detectives initiated the investigation on the aforementioned date. Investigators were able to identify at least one suspect early on as well as a suspect vehicle.
Detectives from Assumption Parish with the assistance of the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office executed multiple search warrants and did recover a significant amount of evidence connected to this robbery.
Based on the investigation, Assumption Parish Detectives filed arrest warrants on the aforementioned suspects.
Assumption Parish Sheriff Leland Falcon thanks The Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office, Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office, St. James Parish Sheriff’s Office, St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff’s Office, St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office The Louisiana Department of Corrections/Division of Probation and Parole and the Kenner Police Department for all their assistance in the ongoing investigation.
“This investigation was extensive and very detailed and would not have been possible without the assistance of our law-enforcement partners,” Sheriff Falcon said.
For additional information concerning this News Release, contact Sheriff Leland Falcon or Public Information Officer, Lonny Cavalier at (985) 498-9353 or (985) 369-7281.