MURDER SUSPECT WANTED
WANTED WANTED WANTED WANTED
On September 24, 2020, the Assumption Parish Sheriff’s Office responded to a shooting in the 100 block of Freetown Lane in Belle Rose, LA. The shooting claimed the life of 21-year-old Cameron R. Brooks of 7287 Sumrall Dr., Baton Rouge, LA. Two other individuals, including a 51-year-old male on scene and an 11-year-old juvenile, who was struck while inside of a residence, were injured in the shooting. Both sustained non-life-threatening injuries. Detectives initiated an investigation into the homicide. As a result of the investigation, detectives secured an arrest warrant, charging Shontun Joseph (B/M, 18 years of age, 160A Freetown Lane, Belle Rose, LA) with the following charges related to his role in the homicide:
– One count of LA RS 14:30.1 Second Degree Murder
– One count of LA RS 14:27.30.1 Attempted Second-Degree Murder
– One count of LA RS 14:34.7 – Aggravated Second-Degree Battery
– One count of LA RS 14:55 Aggravated Criminal Damage to Property
– One count of LA RS 14:37.4 Aggravated Assault with a Firearm
– One count of LA RS 14:94 Illegal Use of Weapons or Dangerous Instrumentalities
Detectives are actively searching to apprehend Shontun Joseph. Anyone with information on his whereabouts is urged to contact the detectives’ office at 985-526-1627 or the communications division at 985-369-2912. Please do not approach Joseph as he should be considered armed and dangerous.
For additional information concerning this News Release, contact Sheriff Leland Falcon or Public Information Officer, Lonny Cavalier at 985-369-7281.