TRICK OR TREAT
NAPOLEONVILLE – Assumption Parish Sheriff Leland Falcon announced that Trick or Treat will be held on Monday, October 31, 2022 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The Sheriff offers the following safety tips:
– Make sure all manufactured costumes fit properly to avoid tripping and to allow full range of motion
– Choose costumes that are well illuminated, bright and glows in the dark.
– Consider using face paint instead of large facial masks that could alter vision.
– Choose nonflammable fabrics for costumes.
– Have the children well lighted, consider glow stick, bike lights attached to costumes and reflective tape.
– Children or an adult leader should be equipped with a flashlight.
– Children should be accompanied by adults.
– Try to travel in groups instead of alone.
– Trick or Treat at a well-lit locations and know the residents you are visiting.
– Never allow a child to enter a stranger’s home.
– Follow the rules of the road if you are driving children, travel slow, look for walking trick or treaters.
– If children are walking, they should be off the roadway and always accompanied by adults
– Only allow children to collect commercially purchased candy. Avoid any packages that are open or repackaged. Inspect all candy before allowing kids to eat.
– DO NOT VISIT HOMES OF KNOWN SEX OFFENDERS. IF PORCH OR OUTSIDE LIGHTING IS ON AT A SEX OFFENDER’S HOME, REPORT IMMEDIATELY TO THE SHERIFF’S OFFICE AT: 985-369-2912 or 911.
– Avoid rainbow colored candy entirely. That should include skittles, sweet tarts and any other candy containing multiple colors. These types and colored candies have been identified as a popular Fentanyl distribution method.
– Drivers should use extra caution when unloading and reloading kids. Make sure they are secure and seated while your vehicle is moving.
Sheriff Falcon wishes everyone a safe and joyous Halloween experience!
For additional information concerning this News Release, contact Sheriff Leland Falcon or Public Information Officer, Lonny Cavalier at (985) 498-9353 or (985) 369-7281.