FOURTH OF JULY HOLIDAY WEEKEND
NAPOLEONVILLE – As we approach the holiday weekend, we want to remind our residents of a few safety tips.
*The National Weather Service has issued extreme heat warnings through Sunday night with temperatures expected to exceed 100 degrees with the index rising to between 110 and 118 degrees. As such, we remind everyone to recognize your limits. Keep yourself and your children heavily water hydrated. You should utilize appropriate types of sunscreen. We do anticipate additional advisories into Monday and Tuesday.
– All boating occupants should be seated when the engines are running.
– Make sure there are adequate certified life preservers on board.
– Utilize the engine kill switch cord at all times.
– If you are pulling someone on skis or a tube, you must have an observer.
– Be aware of your surroundings as boating traffic will be heavy.
– Adjust your speed to the prevailing conditions.
– If you intend to consume alcoholic beverages, designate a driver.
– Pay close attention to quickly building storms.
– Have adequate fuel on board to avoid getting stranded.
For additional information concerning this News Release, contact Sheriff Leland Falcon or Public Information Officer, Lonny Cavalier at (985) 498-9353 or (985) 369-7281.